Wednesday 2 March 2011

Slight Disappointment...

So this afternoon (having finished work early) I decided to go for a quick shoot to try out my new Olympus Zuiko 135mm f/3.5 lens for the first time. I have just returned from the photo lab and started scanning the negatives (I shot a whole roll of film). The lens itself seems to produce some fantastic results, but the negatives have not been cleaned properly and have a line of specks right through the middle of the film, which are showing up as large white specks on the scanned images. I shall be returning tomorrow to see if they can be cleaned again. I suppose this is one of the perils of shooting film as opposed to digital, but this is the first time this particular lab have failed to do a fantastic job. At least the lens seems to be free of any issues...I'll try again tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Tom Parkes
London, UK

No comments:

Post a Comment